User Interface Design
When it comes to website designing ‘user experience’ is very important. User interface is one of the most important factors to be considered while making a website. People surf internet most of the time and in that they go through various websites. So, all users remember about your website is the ‘user Experience’ and if it is good, they may come back. In order to create user interface ‘user interface design’ is used.
UI comes with information architecture, interaction design and interaction design. UI design is used to make sure that the needs of the users are met by making it easy to understand, access and use.
What is the benefit of Great UI design?
Broadly, you will have happy and satisfied users, conversion rate will increase, ROI will increase. Customers will be happy because they will be able to find the information quickly and easily or buy things and be able to make payments securely, and much more.
Not only will you be able to acquire more customers, but you will be able to retain the ones you already have. It will also reduce the costs as the websites with poor UI need a lot of development again and again.
How to make Great UIs
To deliver impressive GUIs, one thing that should be kept in mind is that the users prefer the sites which are user friendly. Following are the guidelines
- Create push notifications to help users find what you are delivering. You can also create buttons showing “BUY NOW” or “ADD TO CART” to help users. But also make sure that there are not a lot of them.
- Allow options such as zoom in and zoom out to help users find things and look easily. You can also label icons which can be important from the customers’ point of view. Every element should show its purpose.
- Another important aspect is the font size. Focusing on readability factors like alignment which mean minimizing the alignment number etc. another way of grabbing the attention is by using various things like using bold colors, contrast and different font sizes. Other things such as distance between letters which will help users scan through the lines.
- Add sliders that are called ‘Parallax scrolling’. When it comes to scrolling down to go through websites, people are reluctant. They acknowledge swiping more that scrolling.
- Make sure that the website has negative space as much as it has the positive one. Negative space means all the white space available on the page of website. Keeping a considerate amount of white space help users find things easily. If the website has very less negative space, it may look clumsy and chaotic.
- Always provide all the information to the user such as the location access, cookies, actions required, errors etc.
- And last but not least- keep the interface simple. Avoid unnecessary elements as much as you can and try to be very precise. Avoid huge paragraphs if not necessary and try and load a video instead. Video will give the same information the texts will and keep the users engaged.