Send web push notifications straight from magento backend. Unlimited Notifications & Subscribers.
Web Push Notifications for Magento
High Conversion Push Notifications Magento Module / Extension
Web Push Notifications for Magento Module 1.1
What are push notifications?
A push notification is a message that pops up on a desktop and mobile device. websites can send them at any time, users don’t have to be in the app or using their devices to receive them. They can do a lot of things; for example, they can show the latest sports scores, get a user to take an action, such as downloading a coupon, or let a user know about an event, such as a flash sale.
Push notifications look like SMS text messages and mobile alerts, but they only reach users who have subscribed to it. Why are they used?
Push notifications provide convenience and value to app users. For example, users can receive:
Sports scores and news right on their lock screen
Utility messages like traffic, weather and ski snow reports
Flight check in, change, and connection information
For website owners, push notifications are a way to speak directly to a user. They don’t get caught in spam filters, or forgotten in an inbox — click-through rates can be twice as high as email. They can also remind users to use an app, whether the app is open or not. They can also be used to drive actions, such as:
Promoting products or offers to increase sales
Improving customer experience
Converting unknown app users to known customers
Sending transactional receipts right away
Driving users to other marketing channels, such as social networks
Giving real time updates to users about activities on your website or on their orders.
Push notifications let your website notify a user of new messages or events even when the user is not actively using your application. On Android devices, when a device receives a push notification, your application’s icon and a message appear in the status bar. A push notification is a way for an app to send you a message or to notify you without you actually opening the website. The notification is “pushed” to you without you needing to do anything about it. You can think of it like the website sending you a text message, although notifications can take on several different forms. So even if the user is not on your website you can still send him notifications if he has just opened his browser. Push notifications use service workers which get installed on users browser and therefore you dont need your website to be open for the user to receive your notification.
The subscribers have to opt in to receive the messages. So it is a very powerful tool to reengage with your customers and get their attention with minimal efforts. You may announce a coupon or sale and direct them to offers page you may also send them notifications about price drops, product launches, or even your blogs.
Here is an example
- There is no third party involved in this plugin, you can use own GCM key and Sender ID in the configuration section. Unlike other products on the internet which make the users subscribe through their own domain or subdomain.
- Unlimited Notifications.
- Unlimited Subscribers.
- Easy push notifications management from magento dashboard.
- Easy Subscriber management from magento dashboard.
- Subscriber status management subscribed, NotRegistered, Invalid Registration.
- Upload custom icon for push notifications.
- Specify Custom url to redirect user to that urls.
- Subscriber token management for logged in users. Suppose a subscribers endpoint (browser address) has changed the token will be automatically updated.
- Easy refresh subscriber button will automatically remove all invalid subscribers or subscribers that have blocked push notifications so that resources and RAM is not wasted on inactive subscribers.
- If a subscriber re-enables notifications on their browser they will be automatically subscribed again and token will be updated.
- Get analytics for your notifications – How many users received the notifications and How many users clicked on the notifications.
- You can add your own GCM key and sender id.
- This plugin requires JQUERY to work. If your theme does not include it, you can simply set the include jquery to yes from the configuration and if your theme already includes it, you can set it to no.
- All the above functionality is achieved through ajax calls to reduce server load.
- Tested on firefox and chrome (both mobile and desktop browsers).
- Follows magento standards and coding practices.
- No core classes are modified.
Compatible with magento versions 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2, 184.108.40.206
It may also be compatible with your version of magento since its core functionality is at the backend and not frontend. Please reach out to us for any queries.
The only requirement for this plugin to work is that you must serve your code via HTTPS. Service workers are restricted to running across HTTPS for security reasons. So buy this plugin / extension only if your site is served on a secure connection. Your domain must be https://yourdomain.com and not http://yourdomain.com
Many products on the internet will allow you to achieve this functionality through HTTP because there will be a secure third party website which will be subscribing your users and not you. Your subscribers are shared with that third party website so it is a risk. Since our module / extension does not involve any third party this plugin will only work with code that is served through HTTPS
We will provide clear cut instructions to install this plugin. But should you face any problems in the process. Our team will be happy to assist you. Plugin installation is free.
Web Push Notifications for Magento Module 1.2
- Dynamic notifications introduced. One to one notifications.
- Order update notifications. When a registered user’s order is updated, he will get notification about order status.
- Comment update notifications. When you add comment to an order, the user will receive the comment in the notification along with order status.
- Support for cronjobs introduced. Schedule a push notifications easily through cronjobs.
- Stronger subscriber management.
- Garbage cleanup cronjob.
- Notification queue introduced, notifications will queue up until the user opens the browser, once he opens the browser, he will receive the notifications one by one.
- Default icon for messages which do not have icon installed. Could be store logo.
- Wider compatibility with old and new browsers (chrome and firefox).
Web Push Notifications for Magento Module 1.3
- Function improvements.
- support for opera introduced. (version 42.0.2393.94).
Web Push Notifications for Magento Module 1.4
- Function improvements.
- Support for translations added.
GET WORDPRESS VERSION HERE