Thinking about website development for your startup? There are few things that needs to be considered and taken care of if you are new to this. Being a startup, your prospects and lead generation can totally depend upon the website your potential customers will see, so the website development can be a real game changer for your startup. To make your startup successful your website must be very attractive and engaging to the visitors and potential customers. So even if you don’t know anything about web development, this article will help you understand how the whole procedure works and what all things can be covered in the website development process.
Before you go for website development for your startup, you need to ask these questions to yourself.
Why do you want a website for your startup?
Although websites have become an integral part of any business, you need to define what will the website do for your business. It can be E-commerce website, it can be a website for information of your brand and so on.
How do you ensure that your idea is safe?
Being a startup, it is important that you protect your idea from all the third parties that you will deal with before launching. The best way to do it is to go for an NDA- Non Disclosure Agreement. This way your idea is safe.
What will be the parameters of your selection of the website?
Your startup will define what will be the parameters of your website. Will you need a mobile application as well as website or just website or both?
If you choose to go for website development over mobile application, we will give you what you should consider. If you are building your business from scratch, make sure that you invest in custom web development. In this article we will take you through the entire check points for your website development process.
Check Points For Your Website Development Process
Check for your budget
This point is put on top as this is the most important one. You already have a lot of expenses in your bucket while planning for your startup which is why you should consider your budget in the very beginning as website development is going to be costly but consider it as a long-term investment. You should be very clear how much you are willing to spend in the web development. Prepare a budget and you are good to go.
In website development process it is important to understand that a website is just like a cake with lots of layers. And for each layer, there is a different professional, so you need to evaluate your options before concluding.
Look out for options
Once you have come up with an amount you are willing to spend on web development, you can then look out for agencies and talk to them. Make sure that you have options with you. If you new to the web development process, feel free to ask as much as questions you want to ask and get everything clear in your mind. Remember that you are starting something new so always look for agencies which are well experienced so that they can help you with your brand.
Some must-ask questions includes-
- How experienced are they? Ask for their previous work.
- Ask about their business practices and strategies.
- Make sure that they are good at both front-end and back-end.
- What other services they will provide apart from website designing and development.
- What is their take on deadlines?
- How much time will it take to launch the website?
If possible, lookout for companies especially build for website designing of startups
If you are able to somehow find a web development company working specially for startups, you are lucky. If not, consider these points,
- Portfolio- Always look for the portfolio of the company you are finalizing, you can understand about the skills, knowledge and expertise of the firm in that area. Not all wen development firms showcase their portfolio on their website, you can ask them for it. then you can study and make your decision.
- recommendations of clients- To know more about the company, you can also read the reviews available online. These reviews from their previous clients will help you know more about the company.
- Get quotes- Most of the web development companies offers free quotes. When you have shortlisted a few companies, you can send them your requirements and get an estimate.
- Finalize- It is true that finalizing the website development company is not an easy task as there is so much to consider. But at the end of the day our objective is to run the business, so choose the best website development company. Best in terms of communication, skills, technological know-how and the one who helps you achieve your business goals.
With all these pointers you can successfully launch your startup on the internet through website. Don’t stop when you launch your website, work hard for it. make your company available for communication on digital media and networking sites. Update the content regularly and maintain the website, even if you your startup is not e-commerce. If you look at any brick and mortar store you will find that they too have their own websites, so having a website is always good for the reputation of your business.
What is happening during a typical day at a website development company?
In case you are wondering what, you get to see on a typical day of a website development company, read further. If you think coding, there are many other things happening during a typical day at the website development company. These include, training coders, mailings and replying, attending meetings, conferences with clients, looking and analyzing reports.
A full-fledged website development company works for both ends, front-end as well as back-end. The work includes content creation, words, fonts, videos, animation, slideshows, working on analytics, pictures and much more. Websites once launched are checked for bugs, traffic, security and corrections.